Thursday, October 29, 2009

become a landscape architect

The San Francisco Chronicle's always-excellent urban design writer, John King, has a fine obituary today on the death of Lawrence Halprin, the great Bay Area landscape architect who played a key role in the 1996 relocation of the northbound lanes. ... By next summer, what is now a ramrod-straight, wide-open path of concrete will become a winding, intimately scaled greensward along Burnham Harbor, stretching from McCormick Place on the south to the Field Museum of Natural ...I'm finally at the point where I want to hire an architect to design my landscape and wanted any suggestions anyone might have on finding the right. ... papercutter papercutter is online now. Gold Oak Member. Join Date: Jun 2007. Location: N. Virginia. USDA Zone 7. Posts: 357. papercutter will become famous soon enough ...Ed Dermody is a landscape architect from St. Louis, MO that I met on LinkedIn. He holds a degree in landscape architecture from Kansas State University and has been practicing landscape architecture for more than 20 years. ...In the years to come, I would become involved in endless planning battles both as a journalist and as an activist. Many were successful such as the effort to end the freeways that threatened to turn DC into an east coast Los Angeles ... Lady Bird Johnson had gotten landscape architect Lawrence Halprin - the man who thought it was all right for children to play in his fountains - to propose improvements to the then ethnically and economically mixed neighborhood of Capitol ...It has become a very good story to tell that we as a young office in collaboration with the client and entrepreneur have delivered a building in time and within the budget. This center is an example of how to create ... Total Advisor: NORD Architects, Copenhagen Engineer: Cowi a/s, Riisøe Rådgivende Ingeniør –, Svend Ole Hansen ApS – Arup Landscape Architect: Charlotte Skibsted, Landskabsarkitekt MDL MAA Client advisor: Rambøll Danmark a/s. Entrepreneur: MT Højgaard a/s, ...Landscape architects design these areas so that they are not only functional, but also beautiful, and compatible with the natural environment. They plan the location of buildings, roads, and walkways, and the arrangement of flowers, ...Writers Wanted. Become a writer for World Landscape Architect. Competitions. November 2 to 20 - Lappset International Playground Design Competition. Videos. Recent News. Autodesk App for iPhone/iPod touch · Cyclists Demand that Bike ...Also, landscape architect Lawrence Halprin has died. ... The Brooklyn-born Halprin was inspired to become a designer after a 1939 visit to Frank Lloyd Wright's studio, Taliesin East, in Wisconsin. Like Wright, Halprin strove to include nature in his designs for spaces that included Minneapolis's Nicollet Mall, San Francisco's Ghirardelli Square, the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial in Washington, D.C. (for which he meticulously handpicked 4000 stones that composed part ...Who are landscape architects? To become a landscape architect usually requires a bachelor's or master's degree in landscape. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are two undergraduate professional degrees: a Bachelor of ...Golden, a landscape architect, proposes to fill the void in Downtown Crossing with a waterfall and urban oasis. The waterfall would drop from the side of the Filene's building and cascade into a swimming pool, which would be surrounded by .... in Allston — have become eyesores dotting the city's landscape. The Globe's Casey Ross asked some local artists and architects to reimagine these stalled projects and come up with ideas to make them part of the city's culture again. ...
Okay, so as you may have noticed from my other questions, I cant ask a SHORT question. Well, I've tried making this one as short as I could! Sorry if it's too long!
What would be a good career/job/course choice for me?
I enjoy subjects like English, Science, Art and PE. I'm more of the silent type but can talk if I need too. I've been told I'm great with kids, I'm funny, understanding, a quick learner, a person who thinks fast, determined, a bit smart & a bookworm (I love reading). My hobbies are: Reading, surfing the web, hanging with animals, writing being with my friends and familly and listening to music.
Ever since I was a kid I wanted to become a doctor, it wasn't until now that I decided that I wanted to be a pediatrician, then, I learned how long it took to be a doctor and all the loans you'll have to take in order to become one and I started to doubt my decision. So far, I've narrowed it down to: 1. Pediatrician, 2. Architect, 3. Landscape Architect, 4. Pharmacist and 5. Psychologist. PLEASE HELP!

Oh, and by the way, if you have an FREE, online tests I can take it would be so much help!

THANKS SO MUCH!
------> Slippersocks427


Tammy Wong
Period 4th
10/17/09
Art Trail Essay

In the journey of ARTrail, I observe a whole new different view of Art and how much effort the artist spent on. They were both talented artist that uses a unique way to create their artwork. The two artist I visited were Susan Adam and David Alan Boyd, They were both friend and wonderful artist to talk to. In both of their artwork, There wasn’t a specific or a favorite element for the artists, They both try to most of the elements and balance.
The first artist I visited was David Alan Boyd, I was pretty impress with the design of his art studio. He told me it was a garage before and how he constructed it into his art studio and I thought that it was very creative for him. He started painting since he was a little kid, Art has always become a major part of his life. His mom was a musician and his dad was a architect. He mainly focus his artwork in water coloring using common depth and richness, There were two painting that I absolutely loved. The first one that really caught my attention was named, “ Sausalito Harbor”. It was a digital photograph on water color paper and a reflection of boats in the water of Sausalito harbor in Martin County, California. This painting shows a peacefulness in the water. Boyd used mainly texture and color in this painting. With the almost exact same type of elements, Boyd created “ Waimea Gardens Hawili” also using water coloring .However, I noticed that He also used intensity to make the Hawaiian flowers stand out more with the dullness in the background and the bright color of the flowers. Boyd’s style of artwork were beautifully balance but yet it remains a sense of uniqueness in a way that there’s possibly no words can describe it.
The second artist I visited was Susan Adams. She’s a full time artist who enjoy painting all genres such as still life, abstraction, landscape and figurative. But before Adams became an artist, she have spent many years of her life as a senior animator and background illustrator. She also stated that Art is not her hobby, it’s a living to her and it has always been a part of her. There’s a lot of things that Adams like beside Art such as reading, Gardening and even writing poetries. One of my favorite painting that done by Adams was “Cherries Jubilee". It was the type of painting where color have come into a major roll to shows which direction the sun was reflecting on the Cherries. Also, This painting reminds me of the apples that we have once painted in class. It was almost the same except that this painting was uses much brighter colors.
These two Artists both really amazed me because they both have a desire and true passion in art and it really shows how much of a true artist they really are. I love how they have mini art studio in their house where they can paint and enjoy in whatever they are doing in there. This was on of the few projects that I would never forget.


Since i am not a very good writer, can someone correct this the grammer, uses of vocablary and e.t.c Thankssss~
Tammy Wong
Period 4th
10/17/09
Art Trail Essay

In the journey of ARTrail, I observe a whole new different view of Art and how much effort the artist spent on. They were both talented artist that uses a unique way to create their artwork. The two artist I visited were Susan Adam and David Alan Boyd, They were both friend and wonderful artist to talk to. In both of their artwork, There wasn’t a specific or a favorite element for the artists, They both try to most of the elements and balance.
The first artist I visited was David Alan Boyd, I was pretty impress with the design of his art studio. He told me it was a garage before and how he constructed it into his art studio and I thought that it was very creative for him. He started painting since he was a little kid, Art has always become a major part of his life. His mom was a musician and his dad was a architect. He mainly focus his artwork in water coloring using common depth and richness, There were two painting that I absolutely loved. The first one that really caught my attention was named, “ Sausalito Harbor”. It was a digital photograph on water color paper and a reflection of boats in the water of Sausalito harbor in Martin County, California. This painting shows a peacefulness in the water. Boyd used mainly texture and color in this painting. With the almost exact same type of elements, Boyd created “ Waimea Gardens Hawili” also using water coloring .However, I noticed that He also used intensity to make the Hawaiian flowers stand out more with the dullness in the background and the bright color of the flowers. Boyd’s style of artwork were beautifully balance but yet it remains a sense of uniqueness in a way that there’s possibly no words can describe it.
The second artist I visited was Susan Adams. She’s a full time artist who enjoy painting all genres such as still life, abstraction, landscape and figurative. But before Adams became an artist, she have spent many years of her life as a senior animator and background illustrator. She also stated that Art is not her hobby, it’s a living to her and it has always been a part of her. There’s a lot of things that Adams like beside Art such as reading, Gardening and even writing poetries. One of my favorite painting that done by Adams was “Cherries Jubilee". It was the type of painting where color have come into a major roll to shows which direction the sun was reflecting on the Cherries. Also, This painting reminds me of the apples that we have once painted in class. It was almost the same except that this painting was uses much brighter colors.
These two Artists both really amazed me because they both have a desire and true passion in art and it really shows how much of a true artist they really are. I love how they have mini art studio in their house where they can paint and enjoy in whatever they are doing in there. This was on of the few projects that I would never forget.


I'm in the process of applying to NC State University as a transfer back in my hometown of Raleigh NC.

I'm currently attending school in FL, and recently changed my major from Structural Architecture to Landscape Design & Management (LDM). Although my current school's LDM program is pretty good, I wont be able to become a licensed Landscape Architect with a LDM degree and NC State has a great Landscape Architecture program.

As I mentioned, I'm in the process of doing the application, but unfortunately I'm stuck on the starting personal statement.

Although this portion is optional, it just seems like a good idea to write one anyway.

They also ask:

"Discuss any obstacles and/or hardships you have encountered and how you dealt with them."

"Describe the reasons you have chosen to enter the major that you selected previously in this application."

and

"What is your view of diversity and its importance in education?"

And like the personal statement, I'm stuck on starting.

Any tips?


ok so im not good in drawing but i do know how to use the computer to make drawing.....what shoudl i know like...do i have to be good Biology??


or should i become a Architect?


I’m going into my senior year of high school and have had my mind set on going into Architecture, literally, since Elementary. My parents noticed that I had an eye for designing and building things such as houses and buildings since I was a toddler. I have been involved in architecture organizations, related classes, and met with people in the profession, etc, and love everything about it. After meeting with the director at an Architecture school for several hours, I now question whether it is really what I want to pursue or not because there are so many other aspects of design that I like. By talking to her I realized I not only loved designing the buildings themselves, but I also have a passion for what surrounds it, such as streets, boulevards, and how they are planned out, and what makes that area look nice, etc. I pay much attention to what areas look like and how they are planned, and she took that as me maybe being more interested in Landscape Architecture, which I do not think I would enjoy at all, but also Urban Planning, which I have thought about doing before. I enjoy learning about the demographics in areas and trends and what areas are lacking and what aspects they are good in. My goal was to become an Architect/Developer someday because it gives me the best of both worlds, I think. I also have had somewhat of an interest in Marketing which is completely in a different ballpark. Does it sound like I’m on the right track? Are there other professions that I might want to look into? I’m overwhelmed because for once in my life, I’m unsure about this.


I am going to be a second year student at university. The first half of my freshmen year I was studying to be a historian (with intentions of teaching) and over Christmas break I decided to switch my studies to becoming a Landscape Architect. I dont what I should be doing. I have always loved history and being able to teach others about it would be amazing. Also, I have always enjoyed gardens and design. What do you think I should do? What do you think the pros and cons are of each option? Thanks!


i have master in horticulture from a foreign country.i live in chicago .how can i become a Landscape architect?





Hey there,

Hoping there are some landscape architects out there to answer this!

I have a BSc Ecology and have been thinking about going back to university to train to be a Landscape Architect. But in doing my research into the profession, I keep coming across articles which say that landscape architects must be excellent at communicating verbally as they have to give a lot of presentations to clients and be able to get across their ideas well.

I was very shy when I was younger and am still pretty quiet. I get on well with people and I think I can communicate well (I've worked in retail, call centres etc) but I still hate giving presentations.

In your opinion, is this something that should really make reconsider becoming a landscape architect?

Thanks.


I want to become a landscape architect, but I'm having thoughts that they are other careers similar. Are there other careers similar to being a landscape architect?


I have a little landscaping company, I want to go back to school for landscape architect, but its been pretty hard to find any information online, I live in texas and need help on how to become a landscape architect.


how many years of schooling to become a landscape architect


Ever sense i was 5 years old , i enjoyed drawing buildings , landscapes, and creative environments .

I want to take up whatever is needed to become an architect and maybe create my own firm

However I'm afraid that I wont be able to enjoy drawing as an architect.

I heard that today people are using computers and less creative and artistic talents? Is this true?


Ever sense i was 5 years old , i enjoyed drawing buildings , landscapes, and creative environments .

I want to take up whatever is needed to become an architect and maybe create my own firm

However I'm afraid that I wont be able to enjoy drawing as an architect.

I heard that today people are using computers and less creative and artistic talents? Is this true?


Hello everybody.

Every sense i was 5 years old , i enjoyed drawing buildings , landscapes, and creative environments .

I want to take up whatever is needed to become an architect and maybe create my own firm

However I'm afraid that I wont be able to enjoy drawing as an architect.

I heard that today people are using computers and less creative and artistic talents? Is this true?


we have to choose our subjects soon.
either i want to be a landscape artist, an art teacher, or an architect. we have to choose 4 subjects. these are the subjects that we automatically take. math, english, greek (greek speaking country), r.s, science. these are our options: art, music, ict, double science, german, english lit, economics, history, geography.
i definately will take art because i love it and history because 1) i love that too and 2) as my dad says "if u dont choose history, u become history" i like maths a lot and theres a 30% chance that i will take it after school. i hate geography more than double science and i hate d.s. more than ict.
i looked at many sites and my brothers and sisters told me that i should take ict or double science but i hate them so much. is there any way that i can become an architect without taking those subjects?
i also really want to take music
im 14 years old. i cant really go out of the country yet like to visit a uni. the subjects that i listed are the only ones that are offered. btw the reason i said music is because, well, i play like over 10 instruments but i really am good at art. but i dont think that there is a job that mixes music with art together. i dont find myself getting a career, especially in this country.


I have been admitted to both school for Fall 09.
but the hardest thing is i got admitted to Cal poly Pomona as Landscaping Architecture and for K-State i got admitted as an ARchitecture program.

which school should i attend?
is Kansas State U good school for an architecture?
what's about Cal poly is it's good school for Landscape Arch?(i known that Cal poly is good school for Architecture , but never hear how Landscape major)

The most important thing is i always want to become an architect. i had been talk with Cal poly counseling. she said i could graduate with my B.S as Landscape Arch then spend another 2 years for M.S. for Architecture. or should i just go straight to Architecture program at K-State


any suggestion ??


Thanks you so much


Please don't just add all the top universities but also some lower universities that is affordable but also gives you a recognized diploma.


1. The ability to acquire food on a regular basis meant that humans (1 point)
had less control over their environment.
could give up their nomadic way of life and live in settled communities.
could use animals as pets.
could use fire to cook their food.

2. How did Judaism differ from other religions of ancient times? (1 point)
It taught that there was one God for all peoples.
It taught that only the priests had access to divine will.
It taught that the Hebrew king was part god.
It taught that reincarnation led to the end of suffering.

3. In ancient India, the Untouchables were the (1 point)
priests, considered sacred beings.
warriors, considered invincible in battle.
peasants, one-fifth of the population.
lowest level of society, not considered human.

4. Filial piety refers to the duty of (1 point)
family members to subordinate their needs to the male head.
parents to subordinate their needs to their educated children.
Hindus to accept their position in the social order.
Israelites to follow the Ten Commandments.

5. The emphasis on landscape in Chinese painting reflects the (1 point)
Daoist search for balance in nature.
interest in showing realistic shapes.
loss of lands to the Mongols.
medicinal use of plants and herbs.

6. The Greek language and culture spread to Southwest Asia during (1 point)
the Age of Pericles.
the Classical Age.
the Athenian Empire.
the Hellenistic Era.

7. After the fall of the Western Roman Empire, the Eastern Roman Empire (1 point)
fell to Germanic peoples.
went into decline.
continued to thrive.
conquered the Visigoths.

8. The departure of Muhammad from Makkah for Madinah is called (1 point)
Hijrah.
Kaaba.
Quran.
hajj.

9. What served as the basic building blocks of African society? (1 point)
feudal contracts
lineage groups
slaves
camel caravans

10. European civilization was formed by Germanic peoples, the Christian church, and the (1 point)
legacy of the Muslims.
legacy of the Romans.
legacy of the Mongols.
legacy of the Aryans.

11. All of the following are true of the Black Death EXCEPT (1 point)
bubonic plague was the most common form of plague during the Black Death.
infested black rats spread the bacterium of the Black Death.
Spanish merchants from Madrid brought the plague to Europe from North Africa.
the Black Death caused entire villages to simply disappear from history.

12. All of the following are true of the Crusades EXCEPT (1 point)
Alexius I asked Europe for military aid against Seljuk Turks.
Urban II wanted Europe to liberate the Holy Land from Muslims.
Italian port cities prospered from supplying Europeans in Palestine.
Crusader kingdoms finally freed Jerusalem in 1187, defeating Saladin.

13. Artists from ______ , in West Africa, produced impressive bronze statues. (1 point)
Ghana
Benin
Great Zimbabwe
Songhai

14. Leonardo da Vinci was an excellent example of Renaissance Italy's social ideal because he (1 point)
was a politician, and politicians were considered the pinnacle of human achievement.
came from a wealthy family and greatly improved his family's status in society.
wrote grand romantic poetry and insightful political treatises.
was a painter, sculptor, architect, inventor, and mathematician.

15. __________ was the first Protestant faith. (1 point)
Calvinism
Zoroastrianism
Christian humanism
Lutheranism

16. The __________ movement had a profound effect on education. (1 point)
Renaissance
humanist
liberal
vernacular

17. The publication of Martin Luther's Ninety-Five Theses (1 point)
was immediately seen as a threat by local businesses.
attacked the abuses in the sale of indulgences, beginning the Protestant Reformation.
was largely ignored until decades after Luther's death.
became the context for Angelicanism.

18. ___________ went to his grave believing he had discovered a westward passage to Asia, when in fact he had actually discovered the Americas. (1 point)
Amerigo Vespucci
John Cabot
Christopher Columbus
Alfonso de Albuquerque

19. The footbinding of Chinese women was (1 point)
a way of punishing wives who were bad cooks.
considered a status symbol in Qing society.
a method used by landowners to keep female slaves from escaping.
a custom imported from Europe by Marco Polo.

20. Originally, African slaves were brought to the Americas to supply labor for the (1 point)
sugarcane plantations.
rubber plantations.
molasses industry.
tobacco fields.

21. The Moluccas were known to Europeans as the (1 point)
Gold Coast.
Middle Passage.
Spice Islands.
West Indies.

22. To Portuguese explorers, the southern coast of West Africa became known as the (1 point)
Cape of Good Hope.
land of salt.
Gold Coast.
Burning Land.

23. Who commanded the forces that destroyed the Aztec capital? (1 point)
Francisco Pizarro
Hernán Cortés
Bernal Díaz
Vasco Núñez de Ba


I was wondering... I want to become a landscape architect, should I go to University of Florida or University of South Florida.


Hi, I may be only 14, but I am looking @ colleges. I have run into a problem though. I want to become a landscape architect, but I can't find out what I should take in High School to help me out. Is there anything specific I should take in High School that will give me a higher advantage in architecture. Also, which do you think would be a better school for landscape architecture, University of Florida or University of South Florida.


We live in the state of California... How would he go about getting his Landscaping Architect's License and a Landscaping Business License? Please help!
We live in the state of California... How would he go about getting his Landscaping Architect's License and a Landscaping Business License? Please help! (this is for Christy's question and answer) I believe its for both his career and the money… thanks!



Im 15 and im getting good grades in school and ect. but i really haven't found out what i want to achieve in my life. I have thought about becoming a surgeon and i have even studied about it...but this is what i truly want...I want to be powerful(not the bad kind)..i want to change how the earth looks as in architecture/infrastructure... not just the way buildings look but the landscape and color ( i hate the fact that we use boring dirty colors in everything!) of the general world..in a way mold a culture..i consider my self a architect/futurist/culture molder LOL!

what would that translate out to be vocational wise? I obviously love intellectual things and ect! so plz help :)
when i say cultur molding i do not mean it in an evil toalitarian way :)...

i mean it as in shaping how we act towards one and other through technology and regular society


I got my bachelors in Studio Fine Art and would like to become a landscape architect. I do not have any real experience in the field, but i will be taking a CAD intro class at the local community college to better my chances of getting into Grad School as well as a GRE study course. My question is, should I try to get a second bachelors in landscape architecture or will it hurt me when trying to find a job? My GPA from school was 3.1 the last sixty hours and I am still struggling to write my letter of intent for Grad school. I'm not even sure if its that good, seeing that i don't have a whole lot of experience. So would i have better chances of getting into a BLA program or a MLA program? Also if any one could tell me how long it takes to get a second bachelors it would be a great help.
Thank you!


Architecture seems to me like a highly enjoyable profession. This is what I want to become, but I also want to be nearly guaranteed at least 40k over the median income of about 60k a year. So, if you attend a top school that is not only known for its overall acedemics, but also for its architecture program in specific, get your master of architecture degree, and become a general home designing architect (not landscape) at a prestigeous firm, is making over 100k pretty much guaranteed or not? Please tell me what steps I could take to make sure I have a very good chance of making good money and being successful in this field.





Does anyone know if UofL or IUS or any other schools in the Louisville area have a program to become a landscape architect?
John Dillweed, I don't want to become a landscape architect, I want to see about hiring one cheap or maybe even free for a senior project). Way to jump to conclusions though. Dumbass.


my husband wants to finish school and become an architect. I always thought that they made a lot of money, but im not really sure??

Does anyone know how much is average for an architect ( like for homes, not landscape)


What's the difference between a landscape designer and a landscape architect? Also, how do you become a landscape architect/landscape designer?


I am positive I want to be a Landscape Architect; however, I have only average math skills. I excel in Art class and know I am capable of the drawing aspect, but if I am getting C+ and B- grades in high school math, will I be able to pass the math requirements for a BLA degree?

I think that my desire to become a LA would help me buckle down and focus on the math courses.

Lastly, I am thinking about getting a Bachelors degree in Urban and Regional Planning, then getting a three year Master's degree in Landscape Architecture, as opposed to the five year BLA. I know Planners and LA's usually work together, but I like the idea of having two separate degrees. Sorry for how long this is. Any help from a LA or LA student or an Urban Planner would be appreciated. Or anybody who know's anything about the field.

Oh wait, I'm not done. I have researched this question so giving me websites probably wouldn't be helpful, since I have probably been there before.





Our political arena has become much like our penile system, we're trying to punish AND rehabilitate and we're doing neither one very well. Our political landscape has come to a cross-roads of some sort. Whether it leads to some form of socialism or utopianism or fascism seems yet to be determined.
On one hand, you have the Liberals, who believe that things like healthcare, minimal housing and food should be the right and privilege of ever citizen. The also believe in the spirit of entrepreneurship and a commitment to excellence. Liberals believe that if a person doesn't have to scramble just to exist, then they will be called to personal excellence.
Then there's the Conservatives. They believe that people who are unable to support themselves are the architects of their own demise. Conservative religious views and a weighty interest in the world of Finance are guiding forces among many of them. They see themselves as the backbone of the World, and in many ways they are correct.
I recognize that they have provided a Structure that created a Global Economy, wobbly tho it is at times.
I'm a Liberal, so I can't really speak much more to the Conservative point of view.

My point is, can we serve the needs of both groups and do it well? Is there a serious third option that doesn't involve bloodshed?

We need to bury the hatchet before the hatchet buries us.
Ya see? That's EXACTLY the type of thing both sides can come to the table and learn about each other. Call me an optimist, but I believe in the win/win scenario.


Basically, what classes should I consider? And, (at this point in my life), I have to start out in a Community College, which does have a few architect classes to get me going, but would that possibly "extend" my schooling?

Please and Thank you! =)


What's difference between Landscape and Licensed architect? Is it the same, or Licensed architect is superior? And how I can become one? If you know any colleges in New York or what classes I have to take in college tell me plz and it (optional). Thank You.


What's difference between Landscape and Licensed architect? Is it the same, or Licensed architect is superior? And how I can become one? If you know any colleges in New York or what classes I have to take in college tell me plz and it (optional). Thank You.


I have seen a lot of designs, but don't know what makes one stand out above the rest.


I am currently enrolled @ the University of Texas at Austin and I am going to major in Architecture. The degree teaches me how to design buildings on a large scale and small ones such as residential housing and sets me up to get licensed to be an architect to work in an architect firm. But I want to open up my own custom home building business, not work for a firm making a measley $50,000 a year. Does anyone know how I can become a entreprenuer in building custom homes. I want to do everything, such as laying the foundation, framing, designing the building, and landscape. What do I do to make my career dream come true? Please, only knowledgeable inquires only. Thank you!


Hi everybody in Environment --i am a newbie here -- but i am a new friend with Permaculture byderule (sorry to namedrop -- hehehe). I live where PG&E does not reach - so we make our own power with a generator and are in the process of solar and battery back up system.

We have a business - (one of a few) but our main one is my husband is a Landscape Architect and Contractor (Arcadian Gardens) -- we try to bring environments - that self sustain, progress, and bring beauty and tranquility to each client, from small levels - to larger ones too. -- so you can see why I wanted to learn from Pculture byderule --and his posse -- so i am in here absorbing the wisdom. There is so much swirling in my mind right now - about our biz, how to leave our clients a little more environmentally wise, w/ a great landscape- while becoming a little more environmentally friendly - on any level - and i am excited!
Now that i got lost in all that - first ? - need a new car - any ideas re: chevy tahoe
WOW -- dana, profess.prius, j-jungle -- THANKYOU ! these answeres are great == Profressor- you have been MOST helpful -J-Jungle - i will be in touch - no doubt, first doing the homework there and digesting what Professor has suggested and the sites to use for my research -- you guys in Environment are great -- super smart and friendly -- i gave thumbs up to all and Best answer to Professor -- THANK YOU everybody!


I'm nrly 16(agirl)bout 5'7". I feel the only way I get better/progress at sumfin is whn I comit 2 ana. I didn't eat frm 2am tues till 8pm yserday(Thurs) I thought I could've gone longer but I was getn dizzy n I didn't wnt mom 2 get suspicious so I had a big dinner w/ her.my friends r nerds mostly cuz I got rejected by evry1else. I hardly have ne girl friends. I feel so stupid cuz I used 2 b as smart as them but I dunno, I got stupid sumhow. I stopd bing smart so mostly I gave up. espec in maths. I have no idea wht I'm gonna do when I get out of school. I used 2 wnt 2 b an architect but it has become clear 2 me that I'm 2 stupid n obviously not creative enough so I'll prob end up running off 2 sumfin like landscape designer or florist(atleast I'd enjoy being stupid then)my dad's gf is a self rightious bitch who insults me infront of my dad 2 get bck @ him in a fight thn nxt min. they're lovey dovey. I feel depresd alot n I think I'm fat alwys.
also I would like to say in response to some of the answers I have already read: firstly I do txt a lot but the shorthand was because I was going to run over the character limit otherwise, 2nd I probably weight bout 110 (lb) so realistically on the rare occasion that I am sane I know I'm not as much of a whale as I think I am, 3rd I was reading this article today and I think I might have a relatively mild form of bi-polar disease/syndrome.
peace out
robo_bambi


I see Construction Science, Landscape Architecture, and Enviormental Design. I was also wondering if I could take any of these and also become an architect?


I know Graphics (technical drawing) will be helpful but i am unsure of the others


What is the best way to go about becoming a Landscape Architect as far as schooling and etc. Live in Georgia


or designer...i was wondering if there's anyone out there with that profession, and if so, tell me everything you can about it. what's the first step to getting there? how much schooling? in a college a special school just for that? do you enjoy it? is it satisfying? do you make a lot of money? get good business? is it stressfull? how long did it take you to become successfull? and any othher info you might have. thanks in advance.


I would like to switch careers from general office work (I have a B.A. in liberal arts) to possibly horticulture. Does anyone know the job prospects, earnings and potential in this field? I wouldn't mind becoming a greenhouse/nursery manager or even go into landscape design (but not an architect). Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment