Friday, October 30, 2009

auto exhaust headers

K&N FIPK, ported 92mm throttle body, fast 92 intake manifold, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, delete cats, 3" full exhaust, cam, 150 shot nitrous, custom dyno tune. About $7500 parts and labor I'd say. OR replace the motor with an ls7 and do half ...There's an aftermarket heat shield underneath the carbs to separate the hot air from the exhaust headers from the carbs… but in my opinion, the sheetmetal should be longer to be more effective, as the carbs could still suck hot air in, ...We now have some 2006+ Civic Vibrant Exhaust and Headers available. We have a few different applications, so check out the links below for details ...They slapped on a set of long tube headers and a cat back exhaust for added power from the 4.0-liter V6, while ICON tossed on its own coilover suspension, Total Chaos upper control arms and 2.5-inch shocks for some added off-road ...I've been looking for relatively simple things to do to my car to increase speed etc, I cant really afford exhaust, headers, etc at this time. I know. ... Old Today, 09:04 PM. TSX_WS. Donating member. Join Date: Feb 2009. Location: Sacramento, CA. My Ride: 05, Auto. Posts: 2033. TSX_WS is either reputation whoring, or truly reaching the elite club. iTrader: (2). geader, cat, and intake are what reflash is made for. get the together and u will FLY. TSX_WS is online now ...Sorry for bringing this topic up, but anyone have suggestion on Exhaust systems that are not TOO loud and give the E60 a bit more character w/out. ... 2006 Sepang Bronze/Naturelle Brown E60 M5 Eisenmann Sport Mufflers Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2. Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi RAM Scoops AFe Cold Air Intakes CA Auto Software Eibach ProKit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS with Yokos White Angel Eyes, 6000K HID's & LED Plate Lamps ACS Roof Spoiler ...... application and a second at the 1”mark for extra coverage and more resistance under performance applications (auto X, drag racing, etc.) this line is called the Draco Performance Wrap. Use this on headers, exhaust and charge pipes! ...Also available at great Auto Parts Discount deals are exhaust system parts for Honda. Combustion cycle doesn't stop at the compression stage wherein the air and fuel mixture is prepared for ignition. After the spark plug has fired and ignited the mixture, ... So for a more efficient exhaustion, you can replace your Honda exhaust manifold with a high-flow exhaust manifold or header. Also, you can shift to a more efficient high-flow designed Honda Catalytic Converter ...I know you can get headers and what not ceramic painted, but if I wanted to paint my magnaflow exhaust (post cat) what sort of paint should I use? Anyone know of a user applied finish with ceramic barrier that can take exhaust heat? .... AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, ...... #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #800080; text-align: center; color:#b3b3b3; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; ...
now im gonna be more specific i have $1000 right now.
i was thinking gears, TLOK, tuner, and CAI, but i heard that just the installation for the gears its around $850(its that true?).
can yall tell me what mods should i get with that $$.
i already have true duals exhaust.
this is a list that i have in my mind..
CAI
long tube header ((will LT headers add any power?))
4.10 gears.
TLOK
tuner.
thanks guys...


I own a 1996 BMW 328i. It's auto with 85,500 original miles. Stock except for the wheels, tinted windows, and head unit. Someone is interested in trading me a 1998 Firebird formula 6 speed ls1 with 138k miles but 40k on a rebuilt motor. It has some mods which are Ram air, Ls6 cam, long tube headers, true dual rumbler exhaust system, spec stage 4 clutch, spec aluminum flywheel, 4:11 rear end, and 5.0 short shifter. I've always wanted a t/a and this seems to be a good deal to me. I've had the bmw for 2 months and i love it but the firebird is my favorite car and Ive always wanted one. The guy is looking for a 4 door car because he has kids now and needs more of a family car. My biggest issue is the fact that it's just about winter now here in new england but i don't think either car will be good in the winter weather. I'm just looking for some input and advice on whether or not I should pursue the trade or just say no.


ok! i got a 93 civic dx....auto... yup no power at all!! so what can be done to increase the power?? if i put headers, exhaust, and a intake( like k&n) how much will the power increase? Im not plannin do a engine swap or put a turbo in it so exclude that lol.


what should i do next to increase in speed and quarter mile
i have a v6 camaro auto 3.8 2001
i have
CAI,spark plug wires. headers flowmaster exhaust. throttle body spacer. getn high flow cat,also i have 180 thermstat

what should i do next ?
cam it witch i was lookin at gt2 cam
or dif roller rockers witch i have no idea about so any ideas or links or witch ones i should get let me no plz
dif gears 3.73
nitrous 75 wet shot
OR ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS LET ME KNOW PLZ also not lookin to drop a v8 n it

wut else can i do to increase also i dont wanna turbo it or supercharge it yet

also more info im 60 ft 2.2 and 1/8 9.8 and 1/4 15.6


i have a 2004 auto 3.9l v6 with super six motorsports stage 2 heads/cam/intakes with tb, cold air intake. i already have flowmaster cat back. would keeping the stock mid pipe and headers effect horsepower? if so how much hp would be be missing by keeping that stock?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started up the 350z today and noticed it was sluggish to turn but it turned over. Drove down to best buy and when I came out I started it up again and noticed it was still sluggish turning over. So I turned it off(mistake) and went for a restart and it didnt have enough to turn. So I was dead in the water. Called road side assistance, they came and jumped me, went to Auto zone unplugged my Battery to have it recharged, came back and they were tellin me it wont recharge and need a new one, got a Duralast, hooked it in then asked to check the alternater, told me that that the pattern on it was done, needed a new one(really not happy now).

Ride has just under 51k miles on it, in the last year I've had a 5/16th plenum spacer, headers, hi flow cats, exhaust, uprev reflash, HID's, upgraded speakers on the inside(higher wattage Orions), and pulley upgrades( to include the alternater pulley).

With these upgrades, will this give me problems in the future with alternaters dying early as I've read the issue with FI 350z's???. And if so, what is a nessesary upgrade for battery/alternater life???


my girlfriend bought a 5.0 1988 mustang its a stick i tried teaching her how to drive stick but shes just too lazy she just sold her car due to our bills so we just bought a cheaper car and she barely even knows how to drive it ive broke both my legs and currently disabled so i figure ill just have a automatic tranny installed for her since she starts her new job next week..

i know this is powerful but i dont know about mods that much how much hp do you think this car is giving us?

Mods
rear end 3:55 gears
t5 tranny with king cobra clutch
b&m short shifter
underdrive pullys
bbk shorty headers
bbk cold air
edelbrock performance intake manifold
F303 cam
throttle body (not sure what size but bigger then stock thats forsure)
fuel injectors 24 lbs
roller rockers
magnaflow catback exhaust
msd ignition
nitrous kit


dont know anymore info except for all this this car came from a parent of the kid that used this car and he did all the mods and is currently locked up.

main question is how will the automatic tranny perform with the 3:55 gears?
and will i have to buy a driveshaft and auto pedals for it too? what else would i need?

this needs to be done soon please let me know thanks!


My friend wants to race me this weekend at the 1/8 mile strip that we have locally. I have a 2007 Mustang V6 Coupe and he has a 1994 Camaro z28 convertible.

2007 Mustang V6 Coupe
-23,000 miles on car
-JLT Cold Air Intake
-Diablosport Predator Bama 93 Race Tune
-7.5" T-Lok
-4.10 Gears
-Auto Transmission
-Pypes Shorty Headers
-Custom H Pipe w/ cats
-Flowmaster Cat-Backs
-Steeda Ultralite Springs
-Screamin Demon Coil Pack
-JBA 9mm Power Cables
-Pirelli Pzero Nero 255/45/17 in rear

1994 Camaro Z28 5.7
-Flowmaster Cat-Back Exhaust
-184,000 miles on the engine and tranny
-Auto transmission
-Stock Tires (idk brand) 225/50/17

Who do you think would win this race?
I know i don't have much of a chance, but his car doesnt seem that fast because it is mostly stock. I know i can get him in a straight drag from one end of the school parking lot to the other though.


I have a 2009 nissan altima 2.5 6 speed coupe with cold air intake,headers and exhaust
would it be faster than my friends 2002 Nissan altima 3.5 auto?

zero to sixty for my car STOCK is 7.4 sec. I'm guessing the mods would shave about 0.3 to 0.6 seconds off of that figure.

zero to sixty test for a 2002 3.5 was 7.2 seconds but that was a brand new car with 5 speed,since the car is 7 years old and automatic I'm guessing it would probably be around 8 sec. flat.

Opinions?


ok here is the deal i have a 2004 f150 fx4. i installed a set of pasesetter mid headers(had to remove the resonator on the exhaust for them to work). 4.10 gears front and back. air raid intake and maganflow exhaust. truck use to have a nice take off but now has no balls (sorry) the dash light came on so took it to auto zone they said all 4 o2 sensors are out. i know i need to have to have the truck tuned. what should i do. if i hit the gas the truck takes for ever to take off. the truck boggs from a dead stop. my question is it the lack of resonator that is doing it or what?


I'm trying to turn my Eclipse into a tuner, so far, I have Oz light-weight racing rims, and a performance exhaust system. The car came with this. Plus neon lights underneath (haha). Right now my main goal is new spark plugs, cold air intake, and new headers in the future. I need to know what is ESSENTIAL to help my car in the beginning. Just list your ideas. Another question i have is Option Racing cold air intakes any good? Are Spyder Auto intakes any good? Just list brands and other things in which you think is key to helping my car become a tuner. Thanks!

(Please know something about cars, and have experience, not just playing Need for Speed, or watching Fast and Furious) =)
Its a 99 eclipse GS. The problem is, idk if i'm going to be able to get a turbo, not because of financial reasons but because of my parents. They wouldnt want me to have a turbo until i'm older probably.


Guys, I would appreciate if anyone could help me. I bought a '73 Nova in MINT condition. It has a built 350 with clay smith cams, hedman headers, 4 barrel Holley carb, (unknown aftermarket) heads, flowmaster exhaust, line locks, variable height shocks for burnout or traction. 4 speed auto, unknown gearing. This car came from Florida and was set up for drag racing...! It is literally slower than sh!t, what the hell could be the problem????


Ok so I have done plenty of research and I know that the auto tranny may have some complications. However, I have seen that many people have done it succesfully and i say to myself, "why can't i?" I can't have another car because i am too young for a loan and have nobody to co-sign.

Now that I have explained my reasoning my questions are.

I was going to get an intake, reflash, manifold, and header. Will these parts come with a turbo?

Kpro seems to tough to modify for the base rsx, what engine managment can/should i use?

What should i do to help the auto tranny work better?

Currently I have a greddy SP2. Will i need to change the exhaust?

What is the best turbo kit for the base auto?

What numbers are realistic? (HP and TQ)

Any other info you have i will be glad to read as i am still learning.

Plz no "you should have gotten a type s" comments. I appreciate any and all help. Thank you.


I just want better acceleration. i hate that its autobut im stuck with it so what else can i do? im not doing motor swap as again its auto and to swap to manual wouldnt even be worth the money and time. so if i put header and exhaust catback on it, since i already got and aftermarket intake, will it at least feel a little more peppy when accelerating? is a 1999 civic ex coupe. thanks,


My friend has a 3rd gen mustang with a 302, edelbrock dual plane manifold, edelbrock 650cfm carb, headers and a 5 speed manual (t5?). I have a 1991 camaro RS with flowtech headers, y-pipe, no catalytic converter, flowtech cat-back (all 2.5" exhaust), freshly rebuilt 700r4 auto with a b&m stage 2 shift kit, 305TBI, and 3:42 gears. Which would win a race, say starting at 40mph and a race staring from a stop? Not sure what gears the mustang has, but i know it came with a 5.0 (302).


It has 32 inch Mud Dawg tires and a 3" leveling kit. Also has full exhaust header back.
I've taken it through some pretty decent size holes and it just walks out of them.
I want to know if someone with experience with this type of truck; knows what it is capable of.
4.7 V8 auto. SR5


I'm planning on doing my own custom dual exhaust but I cannot think of any good ideas on how to get the pipe connected to the manifold... I saw 'Header Extenders' or 'Reducers' at my local auto-zone but I do not know for sure if they will work . any ideas? thanks
Sorry forget to add that this is for a 1994 Silverado... I don't know if that helps any


okay so i have a stock exhaust with dc ceramic 4 2 1 headers and want to know if the DC sports exhaust really gives between 8-9 hp i saw this on modacar.com and wanted to know if the gains are true


Im 16 nearly getting my full license..I work at a tuner shop but from what i knpw stick shift is the best to go with.. The accord is auto and i was wondering how fast can i make it? I wanna race in the track and the offer is really good for the accord! I was planning on adding AEM cold air.. headers.. exhaust.. shocks.. but my buddies at work say that the best way is to "squeeze" Nitrous oxide but idk.. I need serious helpp please!!!


MY ALTIMA IS A 2004 3.5 AUTO, I HAVE COLD AIR INTAKE AND GETTING SOME HEADERS SOON, PLUS EXHAUST. BUT I WANT A BIGGER PUSH ON HORSEPOWER ANY IDEAS?????P.S. DONT SAY TURBO!!!!


I have a 455ci in my car,now my question is,is the cam to hot? It has duel exhaust Hooker headers,Eldebrock intake performer,roller rockers, and a 850cfm double pump Holly.When i really cut loose on it she hesitates,then takes off like a rocket.It has a 355 slip diff rear and a Morg Warnner 4 speed.I took the 400th auto out and did this in my barn.Is the fucin carb to big?


how can I increase torque for my Automatic Transmission.
I have already installed:
-header
-exhaust,
-test pipe,
-light weight underdrive pulley,
-cold air intake

What type of internal mods can I do to add torque besides the one I already have obviously?
oh and, does anyone know how to do something to the o2 sensor so the engine light won't come on? i have a test pipe.


Standard coupe

289 v8 most original parts c4 auto trans

good condition

98k miles

New paint tires brakes headers, exhaust and about 100 new parts

Looks good

drives


PS. is there also any ways to help price my car... i.e. website people around Denver CO or anywhere by phone?

I am 18 and i need help selling this car! any advice i get would be extremely helpful and appreciated

Thank you


1995 Sunfire
2.2 auto
149,xxx miles
My car just blew the head gasket, and was running great even after that happened. So I fixed the head gasket, and another problem became evident: when I try to start the car, gas literally floods the engine and goes out the exhaust. After first noticing the gas leak, I unbolted the exhaust except for the header. Then I cranked it with the fuel pump relay removed, and it poured out the header steadily. However, when I put the fuel pump relay back in place and crank it, gas gushes out of the header. I am certain this is gasoline and not water. It ignites. After that, I removed the gas inlet line to the intake, and even with fuel pump disconnected, gas will steadily pour out of the line when I crank the motor. There is obviously no residual pressure, as I even opened the gas cap to relieve any vacuum. New parts include plugs, o2 sensor, fuel pressure regulator, injector o-rings, etc. I have cleaned most electrical contacts and have a new battery if that could matter. Would anybody know what might cause gas to pour out the exhaust? Please help, I need this car immediately for school and work, and am running out of time and money.

Thanks a lot,

DanKazizzle
By the way, car does not run for those who can't tell.


okay I got an aem sri for a year and no cel. Then a month ago went and got vibrant race header /delete cat and cel came on even with angle defouler the shop that installed, they said that it might be my stock exhaust causing back pressure. so i decide to get an exhaust system apexi ws2, installed it reset ecu and still have a cel. so I went to auto zone and read what the code was popping out was P0135 and P0141 did anyone ever get this fix and how to? I know that the error codes are a heater malfunction from 1st and 2nd sensor, could it have any thing to do with the header and if it did shouldn't a code come on for the catalytic



okay I got an aem sri for a year and no cel. Then a month ago went and got vibrant race header /delete cat and cel came on even with angle defouler the shop that installed, they said that it might be my stock exhaust causing back pressure. so i decide to get an exhaust system apexi ws2, installed it reset ecu and still have a cel. so I went to auto zone and read what the code was popping out was P0135 and P0141 did anyone ever get this fix and how to? I know that the error codes are a heater malfunction from 1st and 2nd sensor, could it have any thing to do with the header and if it did shouldn't a code come on for the catalytic


I went to auto zone to get my "service engine soon" light checked out, and the "number to cross" is P0421, which is catalyst efficiency low bank 1. Its says it could be that the converter is defective, engine misfire/running condition, large vacuum leak, and engine oil leaking inyo exhaust valve guide seals/piston rings. I had a header installed to replace the exhaust manifold, and it makes a splatty noise when i try going a little fast when i run my car. any thoughts or answers will be appreciated. thanks


i am currently looking at cars to buy and need opinions on these.. which would be worth it.

92 3000gt, auto, 122k on body, roughly 80k on motor, clear texas title
motor has been bolted in but not wired up. Engine ran fine before but is not running atm so will have to be towed. Paint is in decent condition but would need a new paintjob to look pristine again.---$1200

98 bmw 318ti, white, 4 cylinder, 2 door, tinted windows, 102,000 miles, great interior/exterior, 17" black custom rims, has non-working sunroof, car has been sitting at the house since december because it has an electrical problem, and doesn't start. will sell for 1,900 with rims or 1,500 without rims

its a 1986 rx7 gxl, its stock, has competion headers wit x pipe dual exhausht. needs driveshaft-- $900

1966 FORD MUSTANG COUPE shell....comes with long block 302, rebuilt auto 3 three speed with converter...8.0 rear end third member...five lug...85% complete original interior...seats,door panels, etc.....uni body in good shape....small hole in trunk and small hole in doors outer skin..Don't have time or space for this project,must go-- $1000

98 honda civic ex coupe, clean coupe silver color clean interior, cf hood painted flat black,17"konig almost new kuhmo tires,airmass exhaust,aem intake,dc headers,mugen style fron lip,does not start just installed brand new starter,plug wires, still doesnt turn over.116xxx mi,no stereo but all speakers there, altezza tails,front/rear upper strut bars.bads-minor damage drvr side.rear qtr panel,dr.side pw falls off track occasionally easy fix, askin 1700 need to be towed or pulled.

i have an black 87 pontiac fiero gt automatic for sale. runs but needs work. need to get rid of ASAP! willin to trade for small truck if possible.-- $1800

'69 PONTIAC GTO FOR SALE FOR $1000 OBO. 400 MOTOR REBUILT AND TRANSMISSION REBUILT, SUSPENSION NEW, NEEDS BODY WORK, A LOT OF NEW PARTS; ALSO HAVE 400 MOTOR, 403 OLDS MOTOR.

please help me!!


1998 auto LS
intake/headers/cat/exhaust
last tune up 15k ago, new wires, new plugs
last oil change just 300 miles ago mobil 1


Hello guys, I need a answer within 8 hours, im at work now and need to drive home 40 miles....

I was comming off a ramp going 40 or so, slowed to 25 then accelerated and the car began to stutter and make sounds like boom boom boom... low sound though
then the CEL flashed, now the cel has been on due to a front 02 sensor... but now it flashed.

First thought was its the tranny ..!! crap

But anyway i was close to a gas staion, he said he had no time to look at it but it was a MISFIRE....

so then i drove the car to work (1 mile from station) half way there i got to above 40 and the car worked like new... issue was gone.... turned car off, started it... worked fine and CEL was NOT FLASHING...

any ideas? and how soon should i fix this issue??

thanks guys!


That is having all these bolt on mods installed on the stock motor of my auto ex civic with 90,000 miles on it be too much stress on the motor? Will it have to be like dyno tuned if i want to do all of this?

Or will it be ok on the motor?

Also, can I have all these installed without having a new catback exhaust put on it and just stick with the stock exhaust?

Please only answer if you have experience with all of these mods thanks



That is having all these bolt on mods installed on the stock motor of my auto ex civic with 90,000 miles on it be too much stress on the motor? Will it have to be like dyno tuned if i want to do all of this?

Or will it be ok on the motor?

Also, can I have all these installed without having a new catback exhaust put on it and just stick with the stock exhaust?

Please only answer if you have experience with all of these mods thanks


I've been having this problem for a long time now, and it's just getting worse.

I have a 1991 Nissan 300ZX non-turbo auto. Got about 105K on it. Engine modifications as follows: K&N intake (not just filter,) Stillen high-flow headers, Stillen cat-back X-pipe exhaust, and a grounding kit.

Otherwise good shape, it hesitates, and I can't seem to reproduce from any specific conditions. Happens every time it's driven.

When I accelerate, it gets to about 2000 RPM, it starts to bog down. Like it will be a healthy acceleration until that point, then it will drop RPM a couple hundred, gain a few hundred more, start to drop again, gain some, back and forth until around 3000RPM then it accelerates hard. All with the throttle pressed down an even amount the whole time. I've even noticed it backfiring when I let off the throttle quickly.

This is driving me nuts and makes it unpleasant to drive.

Any help is very much appreciated, and I don't have much money for trial-and-error.


I have a 4 barrel carburetor, I have headers, dual exhaust, auto transmission out of a Berlinetta. Also have an electric fuel pump. I'm putting engine, rear end and transmission in a 1964 Chevy P/U out of the 1984 Berlinetta. What else can I do to make this high performance?


I have a 07 tiburon 4 cyl full exhaust headers no cat intake and a t3 tubo system its a auto tranny with slap shift help me out i shouldda bought the stick..........


We just bought a 2007 V6 Mustang with an auto tranny in it. My boyfriend is just starting to get into cars and doesn't know much about the mechanics of them yet.
So far all he's gotten done is the Ford Racing Power Upgrade Package which is basically just an intake and cat-back dual exhaust system.
We are going to add headers next month, and next year when he's got the money a supercharger (possibly).
Now, for all of you Mustang/car enthusiasts...he is looking for some simple things and even some not so simple things that he can do to increase horses. So anyone that has any ideas or suggestions let me know. :)
...Also please be mature enough to offer helpful suggestions and answer the questions I have asked. I do not want to read comments to get a v8...if we wanted a v8 we would have gotten one. So please keep your comments to yourself if your not going to suggest something useful. :)
Well I live in Canada the only ones who get laughed at where we're from is the Honda's. Despite our V6 we've gotten TONS of compliments on it already and we've only had it a month. There's a guy that has a 2007 Saleen and welcomed us to the "family" . Like I said around here the only ones who get laughed at are rice burners.
We can make our V6 have more horses for the same price as a GT. A stock GT has what 290-300 hp, a stock V6 has 210...a supercharger will give a V6 about 120 hp so that would make a V6 330...at least 30 more hp than a GT..plus we don't get nailed by insurance for having a V8.
We're more interested in taking a V6 and making it something that no one else has around here so that people have to ask what we did to it.
Anyways, for anyone that has any good information that will answer what I initally asked that would be great.
I love my Rustang :P


91 305 V8 auto. B&M shift kit, Holley 4 barrel carb, edelbrock alluminum intake, hedman headers, 3'' new exhaust into a flowmaster 80 series performance muffler, New 3:73 gears with posi

83 has LT1 350 Corvette Engine, automatic transmission, Edlebrock valve covers, intake, and carborator

85 350 c.i. bored 40 over, edlebrock intake, vortec heads, headman headers with flowmaster exhaust

And any guesses at possible 1/4 mile times?
thanks


I've got a very nice fully stock 351 Cleveland with 2 Bbl and single exhaust. It is a convertible, not a Mach 1 or clone, but it is doggone boring 'as is' even though she runs very well. I guess I should mention the engine is bolted to a C-6 auto tranny at this point. I'm thinking about cloning it into a 351 4 Bbl (Edlebrock Alum 4 Bbl heads, Nice Edlebrock or Holley Carb, Mallory or other electronics, headers, duals, etc.) as well as acquire the working Mach One hood and breather assemblies, etc., then repaint the entire car into a Mach 1 style paint theme. It's currently a matching numbers and low mileage convertible in great shape (worth ~$15K), but like I said kinda boring. The retrofit will cost some bucks but will sure make it more of a head turner and get more second gear rubber out of her than in stock. I would appreciate hearing the pros and cons from someone that has been there / done that. I just want a 'little' street muscle, not anything for the strip. Thanks.


COMPLETED

98 Cavalier stock 2.2L (3 speed automatic): 115 hp

cold air intake: 8-12 hp

4-2-1 header system (high air flow): 10-15 hp

iradium spark plugs n hot wires 5-10 hp

TOTAL HP: 138-152 hp
----------------------------------
NOT YET INSTALLED

tri-phase: NEXT LEVEL performance chip: 12-17 hp

catback exhaust 10-15 hp

TOTAL HP: 160-184 hp
----------------------------------
LAST TO INSTALL

ERAM (electric turbo)7-14 hp

TOTAL STAGE 3: 167-198 hp
---------------------------------------
(I know this 3 speed auto Cavy is not a preferred car to mod, but i'me stuck with it until I get better credit for a SR20 Sentra SE (6speed manual).)

My question is, are the sellers of these parts correct in their HP gain claims, and are their any other easy mods I can get for my Cavalier...??? Is there anything I can remove that would make a large weight reduction? THANKS..!!!
............................


Want a 383 sb chevy,headers,exhaust, 120-150 shot of nos and bunch of other power goodies,like to try and use the stock trany, its a 200.4r but rebuild with a shift kit and things....just i dont know the suspension need and its a car i would drive back and forth from auto tech school to home and hit the track on the weekends...help with my suspension and tire needs...i have not bought anything cept for a 3" cowl hood and i have strip out the interior cept for the two orginal front seats


I have a 02 neon, and the only mods I've done so far is a cold air intake and catback exhaust. I want to replace the headers for a power boost. I know just changing the headers will not give more than a 7 - 10 horsepower boost at most. I heard that i could just go to a used auto parts place and get the headers from a R/T and that would give a boost. Has anyone heard of this, or know if this actually works, or would i still be better off buying a brand new aftermarket header?.... Thanks


I'm not looking for just a performance noise factor but real noticeable horsepower gains that is good for towing and also some fun. My truck now has 3:92 gears, auto. Are chips really good? How much h.p. do they really add? A full blown exhaust system-headers and duals, Is this real h.p. or noise factor? How about t.b. spacers are they good?My experience with cold air intake is noise factor not h.p. I would appreciate some feed back from someone who has tried different items and had a positive experience. Thank you...


Here is the scoop. I took my car to an auto shop to have my header leaks fixed. When i picked my car up, $400 later, the guy tells me that the left side is quite but now I have a small leak on the right. Helloo......dual exhaust...header leak....I figured both would have been fixed. Apparently you have to be specific...


I have a 2004 pontiac gto w/ 4 auto, and was looking for some advice on some bolt-on hp. my goal is a resonable 450 rwhp / 450 rwtq.

should go supercharge, or na?

also, what brands would you recommend for long tube headers and exhaust systems, cause i know not all are created equal.

do i have to upgrade the driveline to handle the power? (t56 conversion)

i also want airbags, scissor doors, and that "banshee" hood.

any brand suggestions would be appreciated...


I have a auto integra, with 2.25" pipe. header, high flow cat and magnaflow muff. I need low end torque, the car felt better when i had stock 1.8" pipe on it. Now the car feels it has to work really hard to push from a stop, should i change back to 2" pipe, or is something else wrong.
I already have a short ram intake, and engine has been replaced with a 99 B20B, with P8R head, high compresion engine. New plugs, wires and distributor, will replace the fuel filter on Monday.


I had trouble towing my new 1900 pound trailer from BC with my 00 XJ 4.0L Auto. Downshifted often on the flats trying to hold 60 mph. I only have 50,000 mi on my engine, run 91 - 92 octane, Jet Performance chip, which gets me 0-60 in 1.1 seconds less at 3500' elevation, than without. Have cold air via Safari snorkel, 2.5" exhaust, my exhaust manifold is the newer type and I've heard it's as good as a header, still have a cat but have heard that maintains torque, 62 mm TB w/spacer. Running 35" Creepy Crawlers, heavy bumpers, D 44s, 4.88s, RE Long arm 5.5". Thought of trying to run smaller tires for towing but would still have to carry an extra 500 pounds of tires & wheels for wheeling, and gearing would be off.
Got to do something. I'm a bit secluded in a small town and don't need a set of problems with the complicated set up of a supercharger and finding a local enough shop to count on dialing in the problems or returning far for troubles. Stroker sounds good. Need torque.

1 comment:

  1. agen sabung ayam Live Streaming Terpercaya !
    Dapatkan Bonus Deposit New Member 10%
    Free Download Aplikasi Di IOS / Android
    Yuk Gabung Bersama Bolavita Di Website www.bolavita88.com
    Untuk Info, Bisa Hubungi Customer Service Kami ( SIAP MELAYANI 24 JAM ) :
    WA: +628122222995

    ReplyDelete